Sunday, July 25, 2010

Zara Casual Summer 2010

As I continuously work at revamping my closet to represent more of a "mid-20's" girl instead of college student, the one store I've found to be worth saving up the pennies for is Zara. As I've mentioned countless times, their clothes are well-structured, sophisticated, but young. To keep in the know, I religiously check the Zara iPhone app, which features the brand's current collections (Women, Men, Casual) and even lists style numbers and prices. Although there doesn't seem to be too much praise in regards to the usefulness of the app, I've found that the ability to easily scroll through the in-store collection has been a helpful pre-shopping activity. It's much easier knowing that there are items that will make a trip to the store worthwhile. I spent this Sunday morning skimming through Zara's Casual lookbook, and wow, is it beautifully pulled together (and a bit more affordable than Zara Women)!

Photo Credit: Zara Casual Spring/Summer 2010 Lookbook
The layering of classic colors and pieces makes everything completely wearable and easily interchangeable. Small details, such as, contrast piping, light embroidery, and ruffles give the right touch of sophistication. This lookbook had me lusting over every single piece and a desire to buy up entire outfits! However, I was able to pick out three as my top favorite must, must-haves:


Aren't they pretty and oh so timeless?! And all for less than $40! (1) Paired with some cute sailor shorts, this light and airy bohemian top is such a pretty choice for hot, summer days. Transition it into nighttime-wear, or even the Fall, with a pair of jeggings (my faves here and here). (2) Love the pretty piping on the cardigan and the fact that it can easily be worn over a casual or work dress. It also looks dressy enough to wear out with skinnies, sexy pumps, and a ruffle tank. (3) A girl can never have too many white dresses, right?

Oh, how I wish I could live in a Zara store. What do you gals think? Are there any more must-have pieces?

9 comments:

  1. I agree! When I first started working I found it very hard to find professional clothing that was also fun, kind of trendy, and age appropriate. Ann Taylor is nice, but that's where my mom shops haha (she's in her 50s)! And while Banana Republic is nice too, sometimes it looks more appropriate for someone in their 30s! My first couple years after college, my entire wardrobe was Zara.

    I love the floral skirt in the bottom center pic from their summer line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only wish with zara is that they make one smaller size in their Women's collection. It would be beyond awesome if they make a petites line like their UK competitor ASOS, but I won't hold my breath on that one. They have such nice blazers, jackets, skirts, etc but they always seem to be just one size too big for me. I like that black cardigan shown in your top three, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally laughed at your comment about Ann Taylor and moms. Before all this hype for the brand via all the bloggers, I would've never even considered looking for clothes there! My only association with the store was going in there with my mom. I think they've definitely done a pretty good job of rebranding and restyling over the years. My mom has some suit jackets and skirts purchased over the years from AT that I would never dream of wearing.

    I like BR too, but have actually been finding less and less things to buy there these days. Plus, I like that Zara allows me to find items that I can wear for work and play. Sometimes I'm so focused on being in business casual during the majority of my week that I forget that I need to buy casual clothes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha you're too tiny. :) I'm actually surprised that they haven't made a petite line, but judging from the leggy models they use, they probably easily overlook this possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is cool i didn't know they have an iphone app (i am SO behind on apps...). I just downloaded it =) I never really go to Zara, but will be sure to stop by next time I'm shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the app to look at clothes is SO much better than the annoying flash that doesn't always work on the actual website. They are launching an online store on September 2 though, which should be interesting! Hopefully they will get rid of flash altogether when this happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Zara! I wish some of their items were cheaper so I could justify more of the purchases. Then again, window shopping is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried going into Zara a couple of times and have never found anything:(

    Please don't forget to enter my TLBC bra giveaway when you get a chance!!

    www.ReallyPetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That used to be my problem with Zara too, but I think a lot of their stuff looks better on than on the rack! Now I run in there and try on a million things. You probably have the same problem PAG does, in that nothing fits you there! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails