Friday, July 23, 2010

Lightening Up With Some Nude Heels

I'm definitely late in the game, but I finally got myself a pair of nude pumps at the Nordie's Anniversary Sale (see post below for Janice's picks)! Since seeing them successfully worn by bloggers all over the blogoverse, I've been on the search for some of my own to wear with my lighter-toned work outfits. I found these Nine West Madeup Pumps on sale for $52.90 (original price of $79.95) and was lucky enough to nab a size 5.5 during the first day of the sale. At only 3'' high, these are definitely work appropriate and very practical for all day wear. I can already see these pairing well with half my work wardrobe!

I wore these pumps with a light cream tulip skirt from H&M. The skirt is an easy favorite for its pretty dotted texture and feminine pleats flowing from the waistband. Not only does the skirt fit amazingly well (the tulip shape is flattering and forgiving and the hemline sits perfectly above my knees), the light cotton material makes it way more comfortable, movable and machine washable. This is the perfect alternative to my more conservative pencil skirts that ride up and sometimes hug my butt a little too tightly. I promise that the light ridges around the waistband are due to my running late and lack of time to fully iron it that morning! Trust me when I say it usually looks a bit prettier than that. To complement the overall the look, I added the long strand of blush pearls from Forever21. Love everything about this outfit except that I wish I would've picked a more sophisticated-looking top (what was I thinking with those arm ties?). Next time!

17 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a nude pump forever myself. I'm glad you found one you like.
    The outfit is very nicely put together. Very chic. I love the way you added the long strand of blush pearls. Pulls the whole outfit together and maintaining the nude look. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a great summer outfit! I don't have nude heels yet either. I'm so hesitant to buy new shoes because I'm terrible and taking care of them, but you got those at a great price. I'm really loving that skirt, did you get that from H&M recently?

    And the pearls are PERFECT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh is this skirt recent? and if so what department? (divided, womens, trend, etc) I really love this outfit and don't think the top looks bad with it at all. Cross my fingers it was recent because I love the cut and color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Vicky! Isn't it funny how even though the idea of nude pumps is pretty simple, it's really not that easy to find a pair you like? I was really waiting on getting the Ann Taylor Perfect Pump in Porcini that PAG loves so much, but these are a good, solid choice for now! You should try these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with you--I don't take as great of care of my shoes as I need to, especially work ones. When I was wearing these, I was pretty paranoid about scratching or scuffing them since they're so light!

    I'm so obsessed with pearls. I think I try to wear a strand with almost every outfit these days! You have to share some of your's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curls & Pearls and PAG - I actually got this skirt from the H&M Women's department back in mid-May for the magic H&M price point of $24.95! It's been one of the best pieces I've ever gotten from there! As mentioned in the post, it really fits amazing and the construction is so nicely done (for something so cheap, it looks a lot more expensive in real life). Plus it has pockets! :)

    I bought another really cute tulip skirt at the same time, and that one's still in stores as of last week so maybe you'll still be able to find this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that the perfect nude pumps are hard to find! Mine are from Banana Republic but they're slightly too orangy for my skin tone. I love all the pieces you have on, and pearls are my latest obsession too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, you're right, the top isn't that bad, but I was being bitter about not being able to find the normal ruffle shirt I wear with all my skirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking and looking for a good pair of nude pumps and can't find any! Usually a go-to brand for me for shoes is also Nine West, though sometimes I gripe about the quality... Plus, I'd imagine that it's difficult to find your favorite styles in 5.5. Wow! You've got small feet! I already have some difficult sometimes finding 6.5. I can't imagine having to find 5.5! Love your outfit, btw; it's absolutely something I'd wear for office casual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your outfit especially your necklace. Cute pumps too! I found mine earlier this summer at Bakers. Nothing really special...just a pairs of nude pumps for summer. I like them though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The skirt and those heels look perfect together! I love H&M ~ for me at least it's hard to tell when you see their clothes on someone that they came from such a cheap store! That skirt looks fab and I want to nab one :)

    I've got the NW nude round toe pumps, and this post just reminded me to take them out of the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate having small feet because I always miss out on such great shoe sales. :( I always start off requesting sizes from shoe salespeople with "You probably don't, but do these come in a size 5.5?" Haha.

    I'm not sure how I feel about Nine West. I guess they've always just been an easy and affordable choice, but can go either way on comfort depending on the style and material. I'm so happy these work, but will definitely want to upgrade to a nicer pair when I find some!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I've never tried Bakers. Are they comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agreed, H&M has been doing well lately with their Women's line! Half my summer work wardrobe is from there because most of the clothes are cotton and so low-maintenance to care for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your nude pumps!! I have 2 pairs that I wear so much that they are getting beat up!

    Love this outfit too- so Summery and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, that skirt is PERFECT. Piping and pockets too?! Icing on top of the cake =)

    I got the AT Nude Perfect Pumps! They run a 1/2 size large but are great, conservative pumps for work with a really cute side view. Will post soon about them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so interested! Where can I find more like this?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails