Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another Reason Why I Love Nordstrom: Anniversary Sale Time!

My favorite Nordstrom sale is here! In the humid heat of summer, Nordstrom is offering discounts of around 30-40% on select fall merchandise during their annual Anniversary Sale. Now I am not a fall gal (too much of a sun worshipper), but I can get definitely excited about new boots and clothes (winter coats! sweaters! cardigans!). These aren’t leftover sales items after a season, but brand new stuff that is sold at a lower price BEFORE the season starts. Sale runs through August 1 (everything will be full price come August 2), and Nordstrom.com just restocked today so hopefully you guys can still grab the smaller sizes! I browsed the store at Cherry Hill Mall and can report that not everything in stores is available online so I’d also recommend checking out the nearest physical store.

What I got:

Classiques Entier Dramatic Bootie in Black (at left) but the Smoke color is also hot. These arrived at my doorstep last week and I love them! I’ve slowly warmed up to booties over the last two seasons and seeing how they’re not going away, I finally grabbed a pair to go with tights during cooler weather. I’m also eyeing them as wearable now to edge up black dresses.

Born Crown Yolanda Boots in Gray: This fills up the gray color void in my boots collection, and these are my first pair that have buckles detail. Trying to venture out of my plain shoe comfort zone! Can't wait until these arrive.

Love by Design Military Open Front Cardigan in Beige + Gray Stripe. The color I got is sold out online but it's the same style as the link above, except beige overall and thinish grey stripes. I usually hate beige and gray mixed together but made an exception for this sweater.

Rubbish Oversized Cardigan in the olive and light gray stripe. Adding to my stripe collection, I got this long cardigan for travelling (super comfy and covers up leggings. The model's outfit is ugly - yuck, plum under green and gray? - but I like this cardigan by itself and would pair it simply with black jeggings. 

What I’m sitting on my hands trying not to buy:

Vince Camuto Amber Peep Toe Bootie in Midnight True Suede (1st on right). Gorgeousss color, I’m a sucker for dark blue and this bootie is just delicious. What’s stopping me is the impracticality of suede in NYC (the porous material will be ruined by rain + snow slush) and also the peeptoe. Just a personal preference, I despise how my long toes look in peeptoes, but they are adorable on other people who have smaller, cute toes!

Nine West Pocketful Pump in Dark Natural (2nd on right): The more I stare at these, the more convincing I am to myself that I must have them. These would be great for summer casual outings, and I'm really liking the cutouts. The ankle wrap is the only thing stopping me, as I am hesitant of anything that cuts me off visually. The wrapped leather would cover up my ankles, giving one giant calf down to my feet which won't be pretty..  Wish I had tried these on in store!

Nine West Madeup Pump in Taupe or Red Patent (3rd on right). Stylish yet sensible 3” heels for work, the dark red color is droolworthy and a welcome addition to classic pump colors. I tried this on in stores and NW runs half to a full size large.

Halogen Drape Neck Dolman Sleeve Sweater in Moody Iris. Such a pretty color, and I’m all about drapey loose tops over skinny / straight leg jeans.

Other very popular items from the sale (as far as I gathered from reading forums and people's reviews) are the Sam Edelman Over-the-Knee boots and the Ugg Abilene suede perforated boots.
________________

Yet another reason to love Anniversary Sale is the bonanza of limited edition Beauty Exclusives available. These are great values so if you've been wanting/needing some makeup, skincare or fragrance products, now's a good time to grab these:

Clarisonic kits that Michelle and I swear by (read posts here and here) - Mia and Plus sets (I have the Plus set with the body brush and Michelle loves her Mia!)

MAC brush kits or Giorgio Armani Travel Brush Set: Face brushes are important to smooth, even application of foundation and blush. I think eyebrushes are more interchangeable so can go lower-end with those (or maybe I just don't use enough eyeshadow!) but I'm okay with spending more on face brushes.

Did you get anything you love from the Anniversary Sale?

14 comments:

  1. The booties look great! I have always wanted to try ankle boots, but don't have the legs for them. :( I just bought the Nine West Madeup pumps in Taupe though and LOVE them (picture post coming soon this week)!!

    Also just wanted to add some favorites of mine:
    -philosophy purity made simple - only $42.50 for the 32oz luxury size (compared to $32 for 16oz). I bought this luxury size from Sephora back in November and feel like I will never run out.
    -Evian Facial Spray - at ($15 for a 10oz + 2 1.7oz bottles) this is a STEAL!! They're already sold out online but I'm sure the local Nordies must have them in stock still. I bought a 2-pack for $12, so this is definitely a great bargain for something that's sooooo amazing (as we've mentioned countless times before).
    -Hanky Panky Low-rise Thongs (4/$48): I stock up on these every year because they're super comfortable, pretty, and don't fade or stretch out. Definitely my favorite undies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I love reading about what other people are getting/loving! Going now to check out the Hanky Pankies. I saw the philosophy and Evian products but thought the sizes were way too ginormous to keep in my bathroom haha. I wonder if the philosophy would last the whole year until the next NAS....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to warm up to the booties trend... I'm just not sure what I'd wear them with other than tights to prevent the cut-off-at-the-ankle look that would make me look even shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove booties. I also had my eye on those C.E. ones that you are wearing but the heel is a little too high (and straight up and down for me). I know people feel that ankle boots cut off your legs and make short legs even shorter, but i love them nevertheless and they look great on you when worn with a shorter skirt. When worn with black tights in the winter they have the opposite effect - SO elongating for the legs!

    I also fell in love with those bright blue suede booties, but being in the northeast like yourself suede is completely impractical. I'm already envisioning the thick layer of winter salt stains, slush, and gravel plastered on the lovely suede...yuck!

    I restrained myself to just one pair of flats...I got two sizes so I hope one fits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pumps..Your booties are so adorable. I got few things for Nordies anniversary sales too. Review is coming up :)
    ---------------------------------------------
    Last week to enter my giveaway for a beautiful necklace at PetiteLittleGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys are so bad for me! I just bought some frye over the knee boots and those underwears that Michelle was talking about (<3 those colors!). can't wait for it to ship =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wear with short shorts or short skirts =) Maximizes the length between the hem and the booties and I think it elongates the legs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice! The 32oz lasts for MORE than a year actually. Some people can go every 2 years with that bottle! :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for including us in your Nordstrom Anniversary Sale shout out! We are glad to hear that you ladies love your Mia and your PLUS. If you ever have questions please let us know. We are here to help! Find us on Twitter @Clarisonic or via email info@clarisonic.com. Happy Cleansing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm too much of a product junkie to stick to the same face wash for 2 years haha. I'm using the Purity Made Simple facewash right now (trying to finish my 8oz bottle) and I'm not noticing any particular differences in my skin. I actually prefer the PUR cleanser I was using before.. Are you guys having results?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I've never tried he PUR cleanser, but if it works for you then I'm sure sticking with it is the best choice! I personally love the Purity Made Simple because it's SO gentle (I have dry skin so I don't like harsh cleansers. Yes dry skin with acne.. UGH) and I like that it takes off make up too. I actually use only that with my Clarisonic Mia and I love it. So, after I use my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil to take off my make up, I use the Clarisonic Mia with the Purity Made Simple to make sure all my make up is off. That's been working for me pretty well.. everyone's skin is different though I'm sure.
    Can I ask what you like about the PUR cleanser? Which one are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love suede booties! They're great with so many different styles of outfits. And those navy peep-toe booties are a total "yes, buy!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see what you mean with the heel going straight up and down - too much of a gap between the heel and the sole. But, the positives of the shoe outweigh that for me; leather is soft like butter and I like how it makes my feet look tiny!

    I'm really looking forward to wearing the booties with tights. It's also an office friendly look so they'll do double duty in professional + casual settings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the Vince Camuto Booties in black. I had them for awhile and I have worn it probably twice. The heel is pretty high so if you want to walk around in it for more than a few hours, I definitely don't recommend!

    I wrote a review here if you'd like to see more...
    http://allaboutfashionstuff.blogspot.com/2010/06/looking-for-some-bootie.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails