Sunday, July 18, 2010

Crisp White Summer

The sun finally decided to come out in LA and temps reached 95+ degrees! After the sad, sad slew of dreary days, I was happy to wake up to some sunshine this week. The fun part about summer is that even running errands means you can dress up a little more these days. My favorite look of choice: a crisp, white linen dress!

Dress: Forever21 Heritage 1981
Necklace: J.Crew

I found this Forever21 dress while roaming around the Fox Hills Culver City mall last weekend and didn't even think to try it on since I couldn't see how I could go wrong with such a cute dress! Lucky for me, it fits perfectly. I can't find the dress online for some reason, but I wanted to point out that I've had some pretty good luck with the H81 line. The pieces are a little more casual and after finding a few great pieces, I always make sure to look through this section now.

Aside from this dress being super comfortable and lightweight, I love the eyelet accents across the bosom and along the hemline. I was concerned at how sheer the dress would be, but even with my blue GapBody bra (a favorite, favorite!), there was barely a hint of it underneath. No embarrassing slip-ups to be feared. White dresses are an easy choice for looking fresh and clean and this was such a great find for less than $25. The only thing I'm debating changing is cutting off the fabric ties on the dress so that I can add a belt instead. 


White dresses also mean you have a ton of freedom when deciding what to accessorize with, but I chose to keep it simple for the day. Adding a J.Crew necklace I found at the Cabazon outlets (for less than $30!) was an easy choice with the gold and pearls. The Miss Trish sandals are becoming a quick summer favorite since they can be paired with almost anything and come in size 5.5. They weren't super comfortable the first few times I wore them, but now that they're completely broken in, I can wear them all day long. Although I took the easy route and accessorized with some more white, I could just as easily see this dress worn with some bright flats and a bun with a flower.

9 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit! The J. Crew necklace and those sandals go with the dress beautifully. Perfect summer look! Note to self: Get a white summer dress asap =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. White for summer is my favorite! It's so easy yet you can look so pulled together and fresh even when it's blazing hot outside. That dress looks great on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this title I thought you were going to feature the eyelet Zara dress, but I love this one as well! It fits you to a T and has such pretty details.

    The Miss Trish seahorse sandals were also not so great for me the first few times, but I agree, now that they've been broken in they are my go-to flats on weekends. And fortunately I haven't seen them on anyone else yet : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crisp white dresses too for summer! Haven't found one that really fits yet but it's on my list of things to look for. I love the necklace too, can see how it would go with a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely white dress. Looks great on you. I love the way you pair it with the white flats. Both you and PAG own these shoes, and you both talked about breaking in. How long did it take you to break it in, given how hard the sole feels?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dress. It's perfect for summer. Your necklace and sandals go pretty well the lace white dress. Great outfit!
    ---------------------------------------------
    Last week to enter my giveaway for a beautiful necklace at PetiteLittleGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only worn the Zara dress once so far so haven't had a chance to really get a picture of it. It will be next on my list!

    I really, really love those Miss Trish sandals! People are always pretty surprised whenever I tell them that the shoes are from Target. I was scared since they hurt so much the first few times that I wouldn't be able to wear them, but all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your feet are tiny! My sister has to wear kids' shoes too (she's a 4.5-5) and I do notice that kids versions are chunkier looking. Hopefully you'll find some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it took a little longer for me since my feet are super arched, but I wore them probably a good 4-5 times. They don't bother me at all anymore and am so glad because they're so versatile and simple.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails