Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ann Taylor Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

Sheesh, Ann Taylor, who would've imagined I'd ever spend so much money at your store? Thanks to all the fellow bloggers, I think I've become an official convert! I was able to finally order the coveted perfect pumps during the recent 40% off sale and couldn't be happier!

Perfect Patent Pump in Walrus, Perfect Elle Pump in Black, and Leonie Suede Flat in size 5 1/2.
Aren't they pretty? These have the perfect round-toe and heel height for work and play.

My first rave about these shoes are that they are *SO* comfortable! The footbed leather is sooo soft and smooth. I wore the pumps to work and was able to comfortably walk a few blocks for lunch without any slip-ups or pain. Ah-mazing. I ordered the flats after PAG blogged about the crazy 50% off sale and although the bling is a little more than I like on my shoes, I think they'll be fun for holiday parties and paired with a simple and otherwise unaccessorized weekend outfit (leggings + t-shirt!). Still on the lookout for some black flats though!

Wearing Tropical Wool Skirt, Perfect Patent Pumps in Walrus, and shirt from Banana Republic.

Hmm, I'm just not sure about the skirt. I love the color and texture, but it slipped and twisted every second of the day and I just don't think it looks that good on me. The 2P did end up being a little too loose so I had to pull the skirt down to my hips which might have added to this problem. I tried taking it to the store to exchange to avoid having to pay for return shipping but they weren't in stock. :( I might end up having to return it! What to do?! I also wanted to add that I ended up returning the Silk Polka Dot shirt because I didn't like the feel of the material and the fit was really weird. The sleeves were a lot shorter than the elbow-length on the model and the neckline felt really awkward on me. It didn't look bad, but didn't look as elegant as I hoped it would for the price. I might have to take a shot at AT clothes another time, but for now, the shoes are totally worth the hype!

8 comments:

  1. Great outfit and so simple as well. The AT pumps look great and I always hear good things about them. I hope they come in more colors! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those AT pumps are gorgeous. They are the most comfortable pumps I have ever tried on. I really like the outfit you have put together. Personally, I think the skirt will look better if it was a couple of inches above your knees. The color goes well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buys!:D Loving the nude pumps.:D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you think of the polka dot shirt? I was really sad about not loving it. Thought it would look so nice tucked into a skirt like on the model, but it just felt awkward on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh love the outfit + shoes! My old associate Veronica had that emerald BR shirt too and it was always great for everything, even her bschool interviews.

    I still haven't gone for the AT pump plunge though. Janice says they stretch out so that makes me nervous. I also think I may have fractured my big toe like years ago (since jr yr summer internship) so my BR nude patent pumps have been hurting even more.. maybe I'll try the AT ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new reader! Great blog!

    Who knew? Ann Taylor? Will have to check it out..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I hope they don't stretch out. The 5.5's fit as they are, but there's definitely a little slippage here and there. I definitely don't think it will be good if they get any looser! I like the pumps a lot so far and think they live up to the hype. The only thing I'm concerned about is that my toes seem to jut out a bit (not sure if I just have fat toes?!), but I guess it's only noticeable to me.

    I love the shirt! The material is light, the shape is pretty and the color is a refreshing change from my other tops. It also came in this pretty deep violet color that I wish I would've gotten too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are fabulous!! I actually don't own any of their shoes so it's good to know for the future :) I've just started shopping at Loft, which I am loving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails