Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In Search of... New Black Flats!

As the weather officially changes in LA (today was depressingly dreary!), I realize it's nearing the season for tights and flats again. I'm a flats-for-everyday kind of gal, but when the cold sets in, a nice pair of black flats are a must-have for my tights and skirts/dresses combos! Sadly, my pair of patent black Tory Burch Revas are practically dunzo and everyone around me knows that I've just about outworn my beloved kate spade felice flats in the past few months (BEST pair of flats I have ever owned to date). Hence, the need to find a new pair is urgent indeed!

I dropped by the mall today (no more staying at work past 8PM--such a miracle), and was absolutely disappointed with the available styles. I was so desperate, I even wandered into Steve Madden hoping I'd score a simple pair to make do with for now. Unfortunately, I just don't think it's worth it to spend $50-90 on a pair of "okay" flats. After some online perusal, I could still only find "okay" alternatives. *Sigh*


Elie Tahari at ShopStyle
Have never tried Elie Tahari shoes, but I think these have a pretty classic look with the right amount of accessorizing.


BCBG Max Azria at ShopStyle
Super cute and affordable!


Marc by Marc Jacobs at ShopStyle
Don't think I would ever buy these because the buckle is seriously way too intense, but the leather and shape would've been a perfect choice!


Kate Spade at ShopStyle
Although not as cute as the felice flat, these might have to be my last resort since I really like the quality and feel of kate spade's!


Unfortunately, none of the choices above are just that exciting. I can't see myself loving any of them. I'm still not baller enough to buy the beautiful Prada flats that Tiffany of I Am Style-ish owns, but one day I will! Until then, I need your help, readers! What is a good go-to flat that's comfortable and affordable? 

9 comments:

  1. I tried on those MJ flats and they were comfy! I say go for TB flats again.. I don't own any (wish I did!) but I think they're the most classic, versatile flats! The TB logo is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nordies has some super great Vera Wang flats that I own and adore(the nude color)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh black flats! I just got a pair of BR flats in this beige color with hand sewn sparkly jewels on them for 40% off =)

    I like the Kate Spade ones! I am also into not buying black shoes anymore unless totally necessary... Can't you get away with more colors in LA? =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm should probably look at BR since they are probably pretty high quality and the 40% off doesn't hurt!

    I do try to wear more colorful flats nowadays but can't really get away with any other color when wearing black/grey tights in the winter. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never a flats girl (either heels or flip flops for me lol), but I'm a recent convert! Been seriously considering dropping some $$ on my very first pair of TB... and I'm thinking black for the same reason as you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the last pair!! So cute!!! I wish I could wear flats..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still looking for a good pair, maybe Steve Madden?:D

    I am your newest follower!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again! Just wanted to let you know I added you to my blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believe it or not, my most comfortable flats are from Target a few seasons ago. It's made of real leather and I couldn't have spent more than $30 on it. It's probably not sold anymore, but it's still worth checking out Target every once in awhile as they have some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails