Sunday, September 12, 2010

Trip to the New Santa Monica Place Mall

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I have some news to share at the end of this week, but as a quick side note, I wanted to post some shots I took from my visit to the new Santa Monica Place Mall. I've been meaning to get out there since the mall re-opened this past year, but was pretty disappointed with the outcome. Besides the pretty set-up, the offerings were rather underwhelming. With new luxury stores, such as, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Tory Burch, and Tiffany & Co., this is definitely not the Westside's answer to Orange County's South Coast Plaza (which is what I had hoped for). The highly-touted Dining Terrace was also nothing more than a buzzing food court without any real standouts. All in all, not worth a visit on its own, but still a pretty place to check out if you're already heading out to Third Street (which is always worth a visit).

The previous mall was completely gutted and replaced with an outdoor shopping center.

Best part of the Bloomie's was this fun shoe corner, but the collection was nothing special to note.

The highlight of the day: seeing the talented John West out on Third Street! He's a great performer and his voice is smooth and full of swagger. Despite having just been signed to a major record label, John says he will continue to perform at the promenade on weekends. I chatted a bit with him while getting my CD signed and he was so friendly and cheerful! Check him out if you can!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails