Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Adventures To Come

I know this summer has seen some negligence for Coastalpolitan due to the craziness that has been my life, but I do have great news to share with you all! Tomorrow, I will be leaving the world of public accounting and transitioning into a strategy role with one of the Big 6 film studios in LA (how funny it is that I'm leaving the Big 4 for another set of "Big" firms)! Since Janice and I started this blog to share our experiences as young professionals in our respective cities, I definitely wanted to share this change with you. Working within the corporate world after college has been a trying and continuous learning experience. After two years with my firm, I went through a period of restlessness and uncertainty in regards to where I wanted my career to go and what my next step would be (quarter-life crisis, anyone?). I've always seen myself as more of a creative person and my decision to jump into accounting was definitely as much a shock for me as it was to most of my friends. However, I think it really was the best place to start for someone who wanted to get a hands-on understanding of businesses and how they work. I am glad to say that the hard work and persistence has definitely paid off and I couldn't be luckier or happier with the new opportunity that the experience has given me.

So what does this mean for the blog? Changing industries and careers will definitely have an impact on what I wear to work and my shopping habits! I'm so excited to be working in an industry with diverse, young, and fashion-savvy individuals and am looking forward to shifting my professional style (the girls wear what I would describe as "fancy-dinner" business casual). Hopefully I can transition into the new culture seamlessly and not stick out too much as an ex-accountant!

Cheers to new adventures!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job and the career change! Looking forward to the new wardrobe too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you <3 and you will for SURE fit in haha! They definitely won't see you are a square accountant (or tax person like me! =P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so smart. It's very competitive to get into the Big 4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mich - what wonderful news!! Very happy for you and jealous. I am in the same boat that you were in, except I'm not proactively looking. And I believe we work(ed) for the same company too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I applaud you for taking on the challenge of switching careers. I think most people deal with this at some point in life, but it takes a brave soul to actually do something about it. Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words, girls!! It's so weird to wake up and actually want to go to work everyday! Am learning lots and meeting all kinds of people already! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails