Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Digital Download - Late Summer Buys

I was clicking through old pictures in my camera, and saw some outfits and purchases from this summer that I haven't uploaded yet, so here's a random smattering.

I've raved before about my (still) favorite pair of jeans - the Citizen of Humanity Avedon Slick Skinnies. A year later, they're still my most often reached for pants, I love the thickness, stretchyness, and its ability to be perfect for every occasion. When I first found them at Aritzia, there were two colors that stood out, the black pair (I was in need of black skinnies) and a gorgeous dark blue called "Ever". Pricing geniuses at Citizen made the black pair $160 and the dark blue $206, which I deemed too steep. So I bought the black but never forgot Ever. This story has a good ending though! I was browsing Piperlime and saw that they carried Citizen jeans, and the Avedons... in the Ever color.... AND ON SALE! In my size! I was so excited and promptly checked out.

Tank top: Club Monaco
Vest: Gap
Jeans: Citizens Avedon Slick Skinnies
Shoes: Aldo Arnoldoas (I think that's the name?) 

Well, the pants are actually one size larger than I wanted, but they were my normal size. Since jeggings tend to stretch out, I bought one size smaller for the black ones, but 24 is the smallest Piperlime carries. They have a teensy bit more material but I try to smooth it out and have it bunch up at the ankles. After the sale and another discount code, the jeans came out to ~$90!

The vest above is also from earlier this summer, purchased from Gap during one of the many sales. I haven't worn this out yet because I like it better over sleeveless tops and now the weather has gotten too cold =\

This shirt I was really excited about finding during a clearance sale at Atrium NY. I have a soft spot for Atrium since it was where I bought my first pair of high end denim after my junior year internship, so I drop by sometimes to look at their extensive jean collection. Since I rarely buy jeans anymore (Nordstrom Rack has way better finds for cheaper), I haven't bought anything from Atrium in years, until I saw this gorgeous, sheer Hanii Y top hanging there. I instantly loved the draping, looks wispy smoke yet also rose-like. It was a size 4, but the sheer chiffon and shape meant that I could wear it as a loose top with tighter jeans or tucked into a skirt. So long as it was balanced, I could make it work. Plus it was over 70% off! Maybe this is an example of people having "sale goggles", but I still really like this top. It's also fitting that this is my first piece of contemporary designer clothing, and I bought it at the same place I first ventured into nicer denim.

Since the shirt is a size 4, I had to get it tailored to make the armholes smaller. Below I tucked it into a skirt to make it look more slim. The skirt is Club Monaco, also found on sale (I rarely buy anything at CM at full price anymore... their flagship store in Flatiron has amazing deals!). I have been really good this summer about waiting to buy stuff when there's a coupon/discount!


There are others but it's probably more interesting to see them incorporated into outfits so will hold off. Hope everyone has a great Thursday - so close until Friday!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails