Thursday, October 21, 2010

Haul Blog: Sephora Friends and Family 2010

[EDIT 10/28 - All the orders finally came in!! Together now... I'm liking everything except the Shiseido concealer which was too pink for my skintone so that's going back. Oops, forgot OPI Strengthener in the picture!]


You know it’s fall / approaching holiday season when tons of F&F events roll around. Now, it’s one of Coastalpolitan's favorites - Sephora's Friends and Family! Time to stock up on old favorites and test out new products in hopes of discovering the next holy grail. From now through November 3, use discount code FF2010 for 20% off everything! If you didn't already notice, Sephora has now added Bobbi Brown to its ever broadening lineup, which is great news! I would recommend checking out BB’s amazing correctors and concealers for under eye coverage.

Oldies but goodies on their way to me:
  • Clarisonic Replacement Brush Heads in Delicate
  • Shiseido Eye Moisture Recharge
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach
  • NARS Ginger Concealer
New babies [EDITED 10/22 - just made my third order, yikes]
  • Fresh Sake Eau de Parfum
  • Sephora Professional Platinum Natural Dome Smudge Brush #13 - for deepening creases in smoky eyes
  • Shiseido The Makeup Concealer Stick - in my unceasing search for the perfect concealer
  • Fresh Umbrian Clay Treatment Bar - I have the mask version but Michelle has raved about the dry bar, plus it's $10 less!
  • OPI Nail Strengthener - I'm a late bloomer in the manicures department, and have been eyeing products to keep my nails stronger and better groomed
  • Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream - gift for Mom
  • Stella Eau de Parfum - I had a rollerball of this, and adore this scent for fall/winter
  • Klorane Dry Shampoo
Friends and Family is the perfect opportunity to stock up on items you know you’ll need over the year (replacements like brush heads, foundation, concealer), gifts for loved ones (fragrance samplers, value and gift sets are great), and more expensive purchases that become less intimidating with a 20% discount code (skincare and fragrances usually fall into this category for me).

In preparation for F&F, I started with a ton more items in my basket but since I have a few big purchases planned, I decided to be good and edit, telling myself that what I currently have and drugstore alternatives will do for now. These were:
  • Backup pair of Tweezermans
  • L’occitane Lavender Hand Cream
  • Fresh Rose Tinted Lip Balm
  • YSL Touche Eclat
  • Sephora Foundation brush
And don't forget to use eBates or your favorite cash back site! Don't know what I'm talking about? Click here. Before buying anything online, I check eBates to see if there's a % cash back, and it's awesomeee.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails