Sunday, October 17, 2010

Seven For All Mankind NYC Sample Sale

Sample sale time! On Thursday, I swung by the 7 For All Mankind sale in Flatiron, more excited to check out their tops/shirts than jeans. My denim count is at around 15 pairs now which is probably sufficient for a weekend jean wearer. I went to the sale last year and discovered that the brand had expanded into designing a full clothing line - with some cute stuff!

Rows upon rows of jeans. Women's on left side, men's on the right. Shirts / tops / jackets are then on the outermost rows. I went on Thursday which was the preview day and there were 15 or so people there... awesome! Elbow room to browse and shop.

Merchandise was split into 1st and 2nd quality, which was about $25 difference. The 2nd quality jeans were piled in boxes along the wall and I think they were irregular cut, maybe missing buttons or some small marks, but I didn't see anything wrong when I tried on a pair of Gwenevere jeggings. Definitely worth rummaging through the boxes for something good in your size.














On the first two days, 1st quality jeans were $80, 2nd quality jeans were $65, tops were $45, and everything went down $10 each day after. It's a choice between better selection or better prices, but being on the petite side, I usually can't gamble and risk my size selling out by the last day. I picked up two tops, one I'm wearing tonight and the other I need to get tailored.

This shirt is cool - the brassy gold hooks go down the middle of the front and back so you decide how conservative or risque you want to be! The hooks are decorative and the bf thought they gave off an eastern flair. I love the versatility of the shirt - can unhook to the point of wearing as a one-shoulder top, or v-neck...I even tried it as a cardigan haha.

I want to get back into a regular routine of posting... this was supposed to be up on Friday but then I got distracted. Definitely would've been more useful if it were earlier haha. I miss sharing with everyone, but I read everyone's posts and enjoy seeing what others are up to, even if I haven't been feeling up to writing myself. Hope everyone is enjoying their October and staying warm!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails