Sunday, June 6, 2010

Finding the Perfect Summer Sandals

Now that the weather in LA has officially caught up with the high 80s and 90s of my Palm Springs days, I've been on the search for the perfect pair of summer sandals to pair with my dresses. Since I don't consider myself too much of an adventurer when it comes to shoes, it's always fun to see what all the girls are wearing these days so that I can try out some less traditional styles myself.

I recently wrote about the Dolce Vita Able sandals I stumbled upon in New York, and was excited to find a little surprise while at the Banana Republic Factory Store this past week:

Pretty much a replica of the Dolce Vita's, right?! The colors aren't quite as lust-worthy as the originals, but I was still pretty excited to find them. The weaved backing gives that extra support that will help prevent the uncomfortable slipping around that I hate when wearing flat sandals. Unfortunately, the size 6 was still too large for me so I had to pass. For a fraction of the DV's cost, I wish I could've made them work somehow!


Seychelles at ShopStyle
These Seychelles are everything I want and more! Comfy leather backing, cute embellishments, cognac-wear-me-with-everything color, and a 1-inch wedge for a touch of dressiness. Most of my summertime sandals really only last for the season, but I think I can wear these well into September/October.


Seychelles at ShopStyle
Here's another pair of pretty cute Seychelles. I'm not sure how I feel about the white on my darker toned feet (will this make my toes look dirty?), but I really like how these are such a great alternative to the superfluous T-strap flat sandals. The straps are girly and fun.


Bandolino at ShopStyle
Jessica came out to LA for a visit last weekend and she had on these adorable Bandolino wedge sandals for her trip. I've never really thought of Bandolino as a "young" shoe brand, but these looked great on her and I'm tempted to order them too!


Michael Antonio at ShopStyle
I'm not sure how busy the top part of these Michael Antonio sandals might look when you're actually wearing them, but these have that nice balance between simple and interesting. I want.

I bought these Chelsea Crew gold sandals as a quick, whatever shoe, and they really are less than impressive. I thought the simple gold straps would make them a safe bet, but they turned out to be too boring and not quite as comfortable as I was anticipating. Can't wait to replace them with a much better pair! What shoes are you sporting this season?

3 comments:

  1. I love so many of the picks here. Those first seychells (no 5.5??), Jess's bandolinos (5.5 sold out, grr!) and those BR outlet ones are a darn good dupe for less (of course no sz 5, sigh). I used to think Bandolino was for middle aged ladies as well, but I've discovered that a lot of older women shoe brands can make sandals that transcend age groups! I can see those cognac wedges looking as great on my 50yo mom as they could on a hipster : )

    Did you try out your Miss Trish seahorse sandals yet? I haven't broken them out at all! I'm still wearing my pair from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cognac Seychelles are my favorite! Since they have the zippy back, I think it's going to be essential to get one that fits perfect or my foot might sit weird in them. I'm so sad that Piperlime is out of size 6 because at least I could easily return them for free if I got them from there. :(

    Those Bandolinos look SO good in real life. I was really shocked when Jess told me what brand they were! I might have to get them if I can't find the Seychelles in my size...

    Also, have been wearing the Miss Trish sandals every weekend so far and loving them! I wish they were a little more comfortable, but I guess I'm still in the process of wearing them in (the straps are still a little stiff).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I actually ordered the Seychelles sandals you posted too! I went on this endless.com shopping spree and ordered like 10 pairs of shoes to try on before my trip to LA =P

    The first pair of Seychelles were super cute, but they didn't fit my feet right. the backing was like too loose and ankle straps were too big.. they also cut me off visually so I didn't really like them..

    The 2nd pair were cute, but the material is kind of lizardy so I didn't like them compared to Janice's Seychelles.

    Anyway I hope you like the pair I ordered! I am wearing them right now at work =P Love how they are formal enough for normal wear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails