Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Goody Spin Pin Review

Have you heard of the Goody Spin Pin? Before my roomie, Carmen, introduced me to this last week, I hadn't! What a complete shame since it's kind of awesome. I've always been super jealous of the girls who can carelessly throw their hair into a messy bun using a pen and this little hair piece makes the same look totally achievable for clumsy people like me. Found at Walmart, Target, CVS and Walgreens for about $6, the spin pin pair is available in brunette and blonde shades. As part of the Goody Simple Styles collection, it's touted as "doing the work of 20 bobby pins". I love that it does exactly what it says it will! As shown on the site here, attaining a classic bun is as easy as gathering your hair, wrapping, and screwing in one spin pin from the top and one pin from the bottom. Since my hair is layered it was a little tricky to get the right kind of twisty action going, but once I got it done, the bun lasted all day.

Loving my new 1-minute workday 'do! 

This is also going to be the perfect summer must-have for beach days, bike riding, or lounging by the pool. You can easily add a flower hair clip for a dressier/girlier look as well. I will never be without this again!

10 comments:

  1. That looks really neat but I'm still not exactly sure how to use it... they need to post some how-to videos on their site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE! going to buy this after work along with those products you mentioned yesterday =P I need to figure out how to get my bangs to stay down though b/c I look like an egg head w/o them.. I've also tried side braiding my hair, but realized I would need a mirror to do it (I am so lazy with my hair =T)

    P.S. I love how I can comment at work w/ Disqus comments =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Products like these and the Bump-It always makes me curious and motivated to do something to my hair, but then I get it and realize that my thin/fine hair usually doesn't stay well with tools =( This looks pretty cool though, and I like the other clips that Goody has on their site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely agree that reading the directions doesn't give you the right sense of how to do this! I promise that it's veryyyy simple once you actually try it. :)

    Check out this video by YT guru, emilynoel83, that might be helpful:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvhE75bxf2I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super lazy about doing my hair for work too, so this has been awesome! I also feel like it helps me look a little older and more "put together" at work (if that makes sense), which is really helpful for meetings and such! Hope this works for you.

    I posted a link to a video tutorial above--check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, my hair is pretty thin too and it seems to work okay. Maybe you can try adding in some texturizer when styling to give your hair more catch?

    I really want to try the Modern Updo Maker and wish I would've bought the bundle now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'm going to look for this the next time I'm at Target. Funny enough I JUST read about it on another blog (Couture and Crayons, an old post) and she has a few pics of it in action as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read her post! I need to get my bun to looks at full as her's. It doesn't seem like she has that much more hair than I do, but maybe I need to curl it before like she mentions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been trying to buy an extra pair to keep in my purse and a pair for my sister and these babies have been sold out at every Target and Walmart I've checked over the past 2 weeks!! Ridiculous, but I'm glad everyone is catching onto how wonderful they are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not finished read this yet, but it's so fabulous 'n I'll back again when I was finished my job :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails