Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Winterberry Cheer

Hi all! I know it's been a long time since I did an outfit post so here it goes. Unfortunately, I couldn't come back full force with a decent photo for you all as the coloring of this picture is completely terrible due to my being late for work and not having enough time to retake the shot. Anyway, with the weather in LA staying a warm, breezy 80-something degrees, I've been able to get away with wearing my skirts to work lately.... which has been awesome! I hope we're lucky enough for it to last just a little while longer. :)

Details are simple: Halogen skirt from Nordie's, blouse from Zara, and Ann Taylor Perfect Elle Pumps. I love this Halogen skirt because the A-line silhouette is a perfect alternative to the more conservative (and constricting) pencil skirts I usually wear. Plus, it has pockets, a bow-tie belt, and buttons all down the front! So much added detailing in addition to the fact that I can eat a little more than normal and there's no need to worry about the good old tummy pudge showing. I picked this up during the Anniversary sale and love that I can dress it up or down. For today, I paired the skirt with this pretty dusty blue top from Zara. Most of you know how much I love Zara and I have to admit that I've been lucking out in terms of finding some really cute stuff there lately. The store came out with a line of pretty blouses for the fall and this was the second one I've purchased this month. The rayon material is light and comfy and the polka dots are super cute... almost like little winterberries! The overall fit is also rather flattering and I like that the billowy sleeves aren't too overwhelming for my frame. I've been buying more tops like this because they're a nice update to my ordinary tank + cardi combo and are a quick and easy way to dress up even a casual jeans + flats outfit. The goal is to look more grown-up, right? I finished the outfit off with my new favorite Ann Taylor pumps! How awesome is it that Heidi Klum is the new AT spokesperson? I really am impressed at the fact that the brand did an amazing job of repositioning itself over the past year or so. Cannot wait to see what other goodies they have in store next!

Although not completely evident in this picture, I'm also wearing kate spade metropolitan pearl studs, which I picked up during their most recent 30% off sale (which they have very often!). If Zara is synonymous with clothes, kate spade is synonymous for accessories in my world! I love, love their shoes and am just beginning to start collecting their jewelry. The price points are so affordable and the quality is so much better than what you're paying for! I've been wearing my floral earrings for months now and the gold has not faded or dulled whatsoever. I'm also a sucker for pretty packaging and the store does an amazing job of making sure your jewelry arrives in cheery gift boxes. As the holidays are quickly approaching, I would definitely recommend picking up some earrings, bracelets, or necklaces for the girlies in your life. I know I will be buying more!

Love the fact that these come wrapped up and ready to go!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the fit of the skirt on you... wish I could find something that fits my high waist like that! The blouse is pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) im glad i came past your blog!!!
    u look great in the outfit
    u guys are so lucky!!
    we dont have zara in australia :(!!!!!

    xx mooshi

    www.mooshichui.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blouse and i agree that the sleeves are just perfect and not too billowy. i'm a huge sucker for polka-dots too so you already had me. :)

    and i've never bought Kate Spade before but those boxes look too cute!

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails