Sunday, December 5, 2010

Wearing in... NY vs. LA: First week of December

When Coastalpolitan first began, the plan was to have a blog to compare fashions / lifestyles / trends between cities on opposite coasts but that never really came into fruition. Instead, it became more like two separate blogs (not that I'm complaining.. I wouldn't be able to keep up single-handed blogging and love being motivated to do it with a co-author). To grab back a little of our initial vision, Michelle and I wanted to do snapshots of LA vs. NY, what we're wearing now, seeing, doing, etc in our respective cities. The differences of our two coasts are magnified most during wintertime... when I'm doubling up on leggings under pants while Michelle is still enjoying wearing flats without tights and being mitten-less.

From this past Friday.. (excuse the restroom pics, nowhere else with a mirror HA)


Michelle: Old Navy cardigan, Zara peasant tank, J.Crew Minnie pants in charcoal, Ann Taylor flats
On me: Banana Republic cardigan, Express top, Theory skirt, Urban Outfitters belt, Ann Taylor pumps

Indoors, our outfits aren't too different so we should've really taken coat pictures. Not sure what Michelle's outerwear was, but I had my thickest coat on (J.Crew stadium cloth), scarf, earmuffs, gloves and boots. Whenever I walk outside, I must have boots on... tights + flats would be too cold for my legs. I then switch into flats / pumps at work. Also, since October, I haven't been able to wear a skirt without tights.

Outside, here was Michelle's weather and window action:

And my views over the weekend (since my pictures were taken when it was dark, NYC looks a lot more gloomy than it really is. The sun does visit us, I swear!)


Manhattan is very festive around the holidays, an aspect I've come to really appreciate and look forward to. Giant ornaments, oversized nutcrackers, and of course the Rockefeller tree (which, the above right is not, btw) all contribute to the sense of magic and holiday spirit in NYC. Yes, everyone's noses are freezing but at least the street decor is pretty to look at haha. 

Also from this weekend.. Saturday's outfit:
Staring at Stars henley shirt from UO (super soft! but wrinkly and a little boxy), Citizens jeggings, UO belt, BCBG Petler boots

3 comments:

  1. In LA, I agree with Michelle, it doesn't get cold enough to bust out the heavy coats and even if we do get a chance to wear it, it doesn't last long. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that theory skirt looks so cute! I would love to read more posts like these...contrasting the outfits from both coasts as the winter wears on (we got real snow for the first time this winter in CT this morning).

    I have been stalking this blog for some time now and have read all of the posts - just wanted to say I really enjoy it and wish you two get a chance to post more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're leather - I've tried looking for other colors too but since the year I bought them, they are only made in other textures (I've seen suede and croc). The calf is 15-6 circumference I think.. they are very roomy and I can tuck in jeans easily, my calves love them =P

    Aw really?? I was hoping the thinsulate would work out! I also tried the size 0 the store in Sandstone and found it big in all areas, esp. the sleeves. SAD.

    Why do manufacturers stop producing items that were perfect as they were?!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails