Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Best Stocking Stuffers - Hello Kitty Watches

Finding them all is like a scavenger hunt and i. love. scavenger hunts!!! For a limited time (not sure when the promo ends), with every McDonald's Happy Meal, comes a San Rio watch...in 6 varieties! You could get one in Hello Kitty, Batz Maru, My Melody, KeroKero Keroppi, Chococat, and a puppy that I've never seen before (and just learned about 5 minutes ago that it's really a bunny). I first heard about these on Facebook and the same day, went to the golden arches to score me some watches (and delicious McD fries!)


The watch face is much bigger than I would've thought.. taking up my whole wrist instead of just a small area. Makes me think, hmm these must not be made just for kids if they are so large! I can totally wear one =P These work as regular watches OR as stopwatches! And it keeps track of the date too so it's a 3-in-1 watch, calendar and stopwatch.

After three Happy Meals of cheeseburgers/chicken nuggets and unsuccessful attempts to catch Hello Kitty, Jessica told me that I could buy the watches alone without bundling it with the meal. *headdesk* Separately, they're about $1.50 each, so if you like these, you can still be healthy and wearing a cute watch.

 

After some quick Googling, I learned that this isn't the first partnership between McD's and SanRio - actually, they're pretty frequent (hello?! where have I been??). Hello Kitty gear, whether they're plush toys, figurines, or in this case wrist decorations, have been sporadically available for people to buy alongside their cheeseburgers for years,  and they are all adorable!!

2005 collection (credit: Hello Kitty Junkie)
Has anyone else seen these and love them too??

1 comment:

  1. Mich, was this McDonald's in LA?!? That's the one I want!!

    Ahh they are cheaper over in NY huh? Well at least compared to San Francisco - my cousin told me that her McDonald's is selling them for $2.50 each.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails