Monday, August 30, 2010

The Return of Prescriptives Virtual Matte

Like an irreplaceable long-lost love, I have held onto hope that my beloved Prescriptives Virtual Matte foundation would someday return to me. Today, at 10:21AM, it did. Who says some things are hopeless? :) Two bottles of Fresh Beige for me, please. Hopefully, this is a sign that the company has been listening to its loyal customers and will continue to give us a fresh stock of these every now and then. I love, love that I can glam up this foundation by topping it off with some MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark and NARS Orgasm blush. I've been stingy with my last bottle and haven't worn it to work in a long time, but it's definitely low-key enough on its own for a toned-down natural look as well (I dilute it with a bit more Evian Mineral Spray for daytime wear). As much as I really do love my NARS Sheer Matte, saving $10 and getting the original feels SO much better.

With the close of the longest and most trying summer of my life, things have started looking up again lately. This little gem only made it better. Happy Monday, everyone!


EDIT: I wore the foundation out today for a business meeting and fell in love all over again with the amazing way that it blends seamlessly into my skin (I apply with quick strokes of my MAC 131 brush). Topped it off with Everyday Minerals Start to Bronze Finishing Powder and a tiny bit of MAC Springsheen blush. 

It's actually surprising how well the foundation works with my skin. The first photo above was taken during February, when I was much paler than I am today. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I don't have to switch shades for different seasons (Fresh Beige for all day, every day). I think the secret to making it work is proper application and blending! I buff all my finishing powders with my MAC 182 for a proper, clean finish. Does anyone else love this foundation as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of this foundation on you. It matches your skin tone quite well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you've written this post, I brought back my VM also and have been using it all this week! Usually I stick to concealer + Mineralize Skinfinish but I do like the increased coverage I get with the VM. The one thing I don't like about liquid foundation is cleaning the brush afterwards.. I gotta stop being lazy about that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails