Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bag Lady

A floodgate has been opened - ever since I've started thinking about which Chanel to get a year ago, reading up on and learning more about purses in general has become a favorite pastime for me. Going on Purse Forum regularly is now a routine, and I've been dreaming about new handbags. It really all began 2 years ago with Hayden-Harnett and Rebecca Minkoff, two mid-level brands that opened my eyes to the world of pretty, well-designed purses that you're proud to carry on your arm. It's a slippery slope... from there, I began to appreciate handbags and am now planning and saving for the next. Perks of being a girl =)

I got my Reissue in June but have since been even more hooked on Chanel. All this talk about purses has created a multiplier effect on me and my roommates - funny that it's just like how reading fashion / beauty blogs increase my desire to go shopping - because the other day, my apartment had these goodies:

Oh I wish these were all mine.. I've always wanted a shot like this haha

They're friends now! L to R (all Medium/Large sizes): Black caviar GH, Tiff's black caviar SH,  my black reissue GH, Jess' ecru caviar SH, Black lambskin GH

 Close-up of Jess' Fall 2010 Ecru with silver hardware

Lambskin + gold hardware is a match made in heaven

Since these were arguably the biggest purchases we've made in our lives so far, a lot of lengthy discussions and list-making of pros and cons went into the decision process. Whether choosing the leather material, hardware, leather color style, size, etc. - each facet can affect the feel of the purse. It was probably the most brain damage I've ever done to choose an accessory haha, and not just for my own bag! I also had a lot of fun talking through every detail for my roommates' bags. But it was all worth it in the end, because each of us ended up with something we loved!

Of the quintet, 3 are spoken for but the black caviar M/L and black lambskin M/L are for sale, so shoot me an email if you are interested.

With fall coming up, I've turned my attention toward getting a new bag for work / casual use since the Chanel flaps are strictly for going out. The contenders are:

1) YSL Muse
I'm a fan of this classic shape and it seems very roomy for work.What I don't like is the strap drop - it seems a little long.
This may be the large size, so I'll probably need a medium satchel to not overwhelm me

2) Chloe Paraty
For fall, Chloe has a beautiful gray leather option for the Paraty, but seeing this in pictures sways me towards "no". The shoulder strap really bugs me.

3) Mulberry Alexa
I like the structure and briefcase feel of this bag.

Any thoughts? I'm still thinking through it and who knows if it ends up being another option altogether, but in the meantime, it's definitely fun just dreaming =)

11 comments:

  1. Holy Chanel bag heaven, Batman! That's a pretty sight!

    LOL, I can relate. I spent months of my life reading through the Chanel thread of the Purse Forum researching my perfect handbag. Congrats on your new baby. =)

    Have you considered the YSL Muse Two? It's shaped more like the Mulberry, but is a little more petite friendly than the Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... so much goodness in one place! And probably costs as much as my car lol. I still dream of my own Chanel one day, but can't fathom spending that much on a purse just yet. I'm scared to venture into purse forums and such because I know I'm weak and will be easily tempted! Will have to admire from afar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...I just typed a comment and I don't know where it went!

    I mentioned that I almosted fainted when I saw your picture! Owning a classic flap is one of my dreams...but unfortunately not in the budget right now - although if I save, save, save, it's a possibility...decisions, decisions...I might be shooting you and email! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Great post......I love the Chloe Paraty, the drop looks perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was your first the red flap? I've seen that on your blog and LOVE it .. hope a red Chanel is in the cards for me one day!

    Yep I've checked out the Muse Two but don't like the straps hanging out in front. Also, it sorta reminds me of the Alexa or the Proenza PS1 because of the flap/straps, and I prefer the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, sorry about that! That's annoying when comments disappear.

    Saving up for a predetermined purchase is the best way to go for an expensive purse, I think! Makes it so much more worth it when it's finally in your hands. I saved for more than a year before getting mine, and was so happy to buy it guilt-free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think I would spend this much either - but the HH and RM stepping stones made it an easier transition, I blame them haha.

    I used to not give a second thought to blogs focusing only on purses, but now Purse Forum is a daily visit! You're right, it's so very very dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Droooool. I love the little collection of your apartment. None of my friends in Boston are interested in Chanel. One of them even asked "what's Chanel?" as I just gaped back at her. I really like the Mulberry satchel, but will have to see its size juxtaposed against your frame.

    How did you guys come to have two extra flaps?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! One day I'll get the 2.55 :) siiiighhhh~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say it's a good thing they're not into Chanel, because then you're not tempted to buy more more more! After seeing Jess and Tiff come back with their pretties, I am now wanting my second. But like you, I am patiently waiting for the perfect medium gray caviar =) Have you seen the Fall 2010 one? It's a dark gray with an olive tint.

    I bought two flaps for investment / sale purposes haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. _danny (aka the modman)August 24, 2010 at 7:43 AM

    the chloe looks great on you! one vote for chloe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails