Friday, March 19, 2010

Summer Lovin'... Happened So Fast

Temps reached 88 degrees in SoCal this week and I can't say any of us could complain! Maybe it's not exactly summer yet, but my mind was definitely drifting towards thoughts of laying on the beach and getting a tan again. Warm weather means no one should have to stay indoors!

View of the beautiful ocean (image from Yelp.com)

Luckily, working out in El Segundo has given me prime time and location to enjoy the change in seasons. I don't have as much knowledge of the beautiful LA-westside as I'd like to, so it's always fun to get a little more exposure to this area with the help of my co-workers. For St. Patrick's Day, the team decided to head out to Simmzy's in Manhattan Beach. The restaurant/bar has outdoor patio seating, a great selection of beer on tap, and a yummilicious burger (which I added shitake mushrooms to). Seated on the slope of Manhattan Beach Blvd, you can hear and see the gorgeous water. I loved the ambiance, the food, and the people watching. Plus, who can complain about a 2-hour mid-week break like that?


Another beloved activity of Westsiders (besides drinking and beach volleyball'ing), is biking! My co-worker who actually lives in Redondo Beach told me about Electra Bikes! I haven't ridden a bike in a millionnnn years, but the idea of cruising along the beach on this cute little Jenny 3i sounds pretty awesome, doesn't it? These can be found in a variety of the beachside bike shops and run an average of $500-600. I probably need to re-learn my biking skills before getting one of these cuties, but this could be a great buy!



For a cheaper alternative, Beach Bikes has some pretty cute monochrome bikes for only $200. Best of all, the store is offering a 10-40% sale until March 26! For us SoCal'ers, they have a store right in Torrance: 20938 S. Normandie Ave., Torrance, CA 90502. I think I might drop by one of these days just to see these in real life. Seeing them might actually give me more of a push to get one and get off my lazy bum.

Summer, come soon! There's so much I want to do!

1 comment:

  1. WOW that pic of SoCal looks beautiful!!!! It finally got warm here too on Friday/SAturday but then of course started getting cold again Sunday and now it's dreary and rainy and 50 degrees again *sigh* One day I will join you on the left/best coast =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails