Monday, March 1, 2010

Pump Up That Color

This year, one of the things I've been trying to more consciously do is incorporate color into my work wardrobe. Before I reach for a cute black top, I make sure now to see whether the colored versions would be a better choice. It's been a slightly difficult feat, however, given that black, grey, and white are superfluous choices in the business casual section. Black looks soooo good on though, how can I really resist despite how absolutely boring 5 days of black can be?

Maybe it's time to take a different route: colorful shoes!

Let's take some pointers from one of our favorite fashionistas: Carrie Bradshaw. When Carrie finally got her man at the end of the SATC movie, we couldn't help but have a little faith in the fact that maybe all the craziness of her 7 year struggle with Big was finally worth it... and most of us were squealing at that beautiful closet he built for her beloved shoe collection. In the end, she got her lover and her fabulous shoes. Her Something Blue Satin Manolo's were her chosen pair for her wedding. Not only did they serve as a focal point for the movie (who else could propose with a shoe besides the charming Big?), they were the perfect pop of color for the happy bride.

Like Carrie, offsetting the bore of my work clothes (and even LBDs) with colorful shoes looks like the best way to go!

Kate Spade at ShopStyle
These are my choice for gorgeous blue shoes. Only 30% of the cost of Carrie's Manolo's! Kate Spade shoes are definitely my newest obsession--they're comfortable, well constructed, and pretty darn beautiful. Best of all, there are always sales going on so they are even more lustworthy and suitable for an entry-level corporate slave like me. I would say that based on the conservatism of your work environment, I'd stick with deeper versions just to be safe. Of course, they might not work so well for meetings and such, but for everyday wear, they're a great way to play up your day!

1 comment:

  1. These shoes are so cute and they remind me of the red ones you have (the ones you wore for your 22nd bday!!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails