Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Sale Shopping

With so many sales lately, it's hard not to buy anything! I've been clickety-click happy, anticipating the springtime that I'm so sure is just around the corner, after all this treacherous rain and gloomy doomy gray lifts.

J.Crew's sale is on sale for 30% off plus free shipping over $150 with code EXTRA30! I poked around and found a few tops that are summery and still appropriate for casual Friday. The above Grand Ruffle Shell I first spied on Extrapetite and loved the cream version (anything beige/white/cream is so airy and perfect for summer! Gorgeous against a nice tan... but I'm getting ahead of myself). It wasn't available in Petite sizes so I chose the gray in XXS and the cream in XS.

J.Crew Tuxedo Ruffle Sweater - Being smaller in front, I appreciate any sort of embellishments to create a fuller look. With ruffles as a big trend this year, it's been easy to find clothing items with volume, but for every cute blouse with just enough adornment, there's another top that crosses the line of "making fun of women with chest hair", as a blogger so aptly put it. This sweater, with the vertical tuxedo ruffles reaching all the way down, avoids that territory and would be great for both a nice dinner or work. Not on sale but hey, I'll take the free shipping.

 J. Crew stained-glass drop earrings in Petrol and Colored pearl and ribbon necklace - I love J.Crew's jewelry collection but can't bring myself to pay full price for them. On sale with additional discount though is another story! The pearl + ribbon combination is delicate and dreamy, and I'm really digging the cool gray and muted gold of the Petrol earrings.

Bloomingdales had its Friends and Family event last weekend and I finally treated myself to a pair of Ferragamos that I've been setting my sights on ever since I started work. The best items to buy from F&F are classic items that rarely go on sale otherwise, things that you would pay full price for, but why not get a discount to make it even more worth it?! I actually love the pumps version more but only Saks carried them and size 6.5 is sold out in the entire nation! Flats are practical and will be great for nice dinners (think: with parents)
The flats came but are a size too big, surprisingly. Going to exchange for a half size down. Love the grosgrain ribbon, adds a girly touch to a conversative brand and style.

For kicks, here are the beautiful Carla pumps... the chalk color is gorgeous! Merchandise websites should have a button similar to *like* in Facebook.... I'd *want* all day.
Coming up - Saks Friends and Family event is April 22-26 so look for the codes/coupons in your inbox!

3 comments:

  1. I've mulled and mulled over the J.Crew sale items but don't want to pay shipping, and can't scrounge up enough for $150!

    I LOVE those flats. I've never even checked out Ferragamos before, but I'm hooked. The design is classic and the bow adds the sweetest touch. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn - just looked at the flats on Saks and fell in love with the Chalk color. $440 though ... eeks! I'm not used to paying $ for nice shoes...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't quite get to $150 either so I browsed in the Men's section for something for the boyfriend. Got free shipping and feel less guilty =P

    Oh, the chalk color is soo pretty in person. It'll be less with Saks F&F! Trust me, it took awhile to pull the trigger on these - it's the first pair of nice shoes I've gotten for myself, but hopefully they will last a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails