Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lemonhead

Ever since discovering bikram here, I've been officially crushing on yoga - along with the clothing that are designed for the sport, especially those by my new favorite company, Lululemon. Back in Berkeley, a store opened during my senior year of college, but the prices usually scared me away from making a purchase, thus I admired from afar. A couple months months ago though, I finally picked up a pair of the Wunder Under cropped yoga pants in anticipation of taking classes (my philosophy is: buy the right workout clothes and the workout will eventually follow!), and was immediately hooked. The cotton is super soft and comfy, fit is great, it lifts and streamlines, there's an ID-sized pocket in front to hold cards, and the cotton wicks away moisture!


After my first bikram class, I was positively humming with excitement from this new discovery, and gathered the necessary tools for the next week's class (i.e. I found excuses to do some shopping!) I needed a yoga mat, towel, yoga bag, and sports bras (such a yoga green bean). Lo and behold, Lululemon was having a sale!! I never knew they did sales, probably because their sale section is cleverly labelled "Loot!", but there are some great pieces to be had at low prices. I picked up two bras ($5 and $9!), a Manduka Equa yoga towel ($40, not on sale but I needed something to absorb sweat during class), and a bag to put it all in ($24).


External and internal view. The inside is so spacious! I can fit my mat, Manduka towel, extra bag to put clothes in, large water bottle, and a Zico coconut water! There are also side zippers for keys, credit cards, and class passes.

New lulu gear! Clockwise: Hot Yoga bra, Cross-back bra, Sattvic bra, Boogie shorts.

Beyond the flattering clothes, I also really like Lululemon's corporate philosophy. It may all be part of its marketing scheme, but I'll admit it's one that works well for the brand and presents a cohesive theme. The company really tries to do right by their customers - offering free hemming on yoga pants (great news for shorties!), free online shipping, free yoga classes on the weekends, and their shopping bags feature the "lululemon manifesto" patterned with inspiring fortune cookie-esque phrases. My favorite is "Sweat once a day", a great reminder to keep active, benefitting our health and our beauty too!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails