Friday, March 23, 2012

Accessories for Your Accessories

When I was younger I begged my parents to buy me a Super Nintento. After I got it along with the Super Mario play pack, I asked for extra controllers so my friends could play together. Then I wanted more games like Dance Dance Revolution...and then of course I needed the stomp pads to hop around on. You come to realize that when making a relatively large purchase, it's never in a vacuum and necessitates the future purchase of other things to go along with it. Accessories begat accessories. These businesses are smart.

After I got my Celine, I fretted about how to protect it from spills, stains, scratches, etc. Gotta protect your investment! The Purse Forum has a hugely helpful community to share resources and I learned about Meltonian Waterproof and Protector Spray. It's worked so far - and didn't alter the color of the purse either. For the inside though, I still worried whether placing heavy items would cause the bottom to bow. Past versions of the Celine with pebbled leather tended to slouch over time and create a saggy butt look = do not want. TPF'ers also mentioned bag inserts for the Mini's which I'd always heard about for organizational purposes but was now more interested in as it had a solid cardboard lining to prevent saggage. The most popular brand seemed to be Chameleon, which I ordered and recently received:

It works fantastically. The top picture of sans insert = sad and droopy. The bottom picture has just the insert inside = standing up straight! There are side cardboard inserts but I removed since it prevented the sides of the Mini to tuck in. I mostly just wanted it for the bottom protection anyway, which it did really well. Yesterday I had carried a ton of stuff in my bag (including a large padfolio, water, pumps to change into, makeup) and the bottom stayed even and flat, no giveaway signs of the weight inside. Plus, it's nice to have all the pockets and zippers to find and store items. I might transfer this into the messy pit that is my Longchamp Pliage for organization.

Chameleon lists multiple sizes and also offers unstructured and structured (has the cardboard) versions of the inserts. For the Mini, the XL fit perfectly with no extra room on the sides.

Another accessory for accessories is my Graphic Image eBook Reader Envelope for the Kindle - I love this! I like the naked feel of holding the Kindle so I opted for a case that I could remove at will instead of a bulkier cover that's stuck to the device. I like Graphic Image (they make the best planners) and trust the brand and quality. Love the sleek design and the lining is soft, nestling the Kindle just right =) Toughest part is choosing from all the colors, but I really liked the mustard yellow which has a nice sophisticated feel. I found mine via MyHabit for $35 so there are definitely other venues to get this for much cheaper than MSRP. Team Kindle!

3 comments:

  1. I loveee you Celine and it's pretty amazing how that bag insert helps keep its shape so well. I really need one of those for my Longchamp as mine is a total pit as well. I always spend so much money on accessorizing my new "big" purchases but you're right, it's totally a necessity to protect your investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips! I love my accessories for my accessories, they are worth the investment, especially if they are chic and make our lives a bit easier :)

    -b

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shamelessly OverdressedJuly 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

    Just found your blog through Twitter and like your posts... I've been stalking this Celine bag for ages! Where did you snag yours? Hope you're enjoying it, and hope to see more posts from you in the future! :)

    Love, S
    http://shamelesslyoverdressed.blogspot.com
    Let's follow each other! 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails