Thursday, November 17, 2011

Falling Slowly

Is it really time for the holidays already?! It literally seems like summer was just yesterday... Between moving into my new apartment (with Jessica of See Jessica Go), exploring our new DTLA neighborhood, studying for my GMATs and heading into the busiest time of the year at work, finding time to blog and keep up with reading blogs has been tough! I will forever love Coastalpolitan, but I think blogging will have to continue to be a rare occurrence given the other demands in my life right now...

As a quick check-in, though, I thought I'd share some highlights via pictures shot with my beloved new iPhone 4S (I couldn't be more excited to finally be rid of my ancient 3GS!). All photos were edited using the Camera+ app (collage was made using Photo Frame Maker HD).

Mignon (Downtown): One of our first DTLA discoveries was Mignon Wine and Cheese Bar. Conveniently located on 6th and Los Angeles, Mignon is cozy and stylish with its wraparound circular bar. The wine was delicious and the owner was personable and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this place for a low-key Friday outing with friends or even a date! Being able to hop on over to BabyCakes next door also made the visit a treat. :)


Mazinga (Koreatown): I always credit my undergrad days at Berkeley for introducing me to the amazingness of (and addiction to) Korean fried chicken and spicy rice cakes with ramen. Finding a place in LA that caters to these two cravings was a delightful surprise! Unlike most Ktown establishments, this place does not allow indoor smoking so my asthma-stricken lungs were quite happy. On me: Top from Reverie Market (online store launched by Danni of ohhellofriend. She is so crafty!).



Forneris Farms (Mission Hills): I've always wanted to visit a pumpkin patch and it's silly that it's taken me this long to go, but it was well worth the trip into the Valley! We roamed around the corn maze, picked out a medium sized pumpkin and turned it into an adorable Hello Kitty! It was pretty impressive, I must say!


Bricks & Scones (Larchmont): This place is undoubtedly the best study cafe I've been able to find in all of LA! There is always space at one of their spacious tables in The Study and unlike most cafes, it's actually quiet enough to concentrate. Their coffee and teas are tasty and I've always received great service while here. We've always lucked out with parking, but the private lot is rather small so I can imagine it being difficult to plan a full study day here without snagging a spot in the back. Bricks and Scones, I wish I could come study here everyday.


Los Angles County Art Museum (Mid-Wilshire): Ah, the beautiful LACMA lightposts! When Jess's best friend visited LA, we had to take her out here for a photoshoot. We missed the Tim Burton exhibit, but the brisk November weather still made for a perfect visit! On me: Zara ruffle blouse, Citizens of Humanity Avedon Jeggings, Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, Chanel classic studs. My unruly long hair is now the perfect length for my favorite side-braid hairstyle. Yay!!


Studio DeLucca (Long Beach): My friends and I spent last weekend down in Long Beach crafting some cute custom-made necklaces at Studio DeLucca. We've been wanting to try our hand at jewelry making for a while now and the class turned out to be an excellent choice. The studio was very homey and the girls running the studio were extremely patient, talented, and fun!


Lula Glitter Ballet Flats (J.Crew): My favorite of all my recent purchases!! I've been on the hunt for adorable glitter flats for some time now and the recent J.Crew 25% off sale allowed me to try both the Glitterati and Lula flats. I was sure I'd fall deeply in love with the classy looking Glitterati skimmers, but when the shoes finally arrived, I was surprised to find myself quickly favoring the more comfy style of the the Lula's. Both are beautiful, but these were definitely the perfect choice for me. I cannot wait to wear these with everything in the coming months! Lovelovelove.


Maybeeee, I will post up some more photos of my room and apartment, but I thought this was a great way to share some of my favorite decor items since decorating the apartment has been my biggest obsession lately. Luckily, our apartment comes with spacious walk-in closets for each of us, so I was able to get away with buying the smaller Koppang dresser from Ikea and decorating the nook with plenty of knick knacks! Found here: (1) Anthropologie flower wall hooks, (2) Desktop photo calendar by Irene Suchocki, (3) "I Love You, Blogs & Tea" print by Jen Ramos, (4) Tea light holders from IKEA, (5) Anthropologie Capri Blue Candle-in-a-Jar (Volcano is the best smelling scent EVER), (6) Anthropologie Zinc Letter "M", (7) Photo ledge from IKEA.


Happy Fall, friends! Hope to be back again soon! 

4 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member. 



    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)



    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^ 

    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pics..makes me want to get an iphone..and head to LA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu both are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thank you so much in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and sounds like a great experience.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails