Friday, December 11, 2009

Wear Your Heart on Your Very Fashionable Sleeve

By offering fashion made with ethical and environmentally-conscious practices, that's the motto that Arboretum Apparel preaches. I can't even begin to say how much I fell in love with this store while roaming around the streets of beautiful Healdsburg, CA.


Downtown Healdsburg, itself, was a gorgeous sight to see during this time of the year. After finishing up work for the day, my coworker and I were excited about having the chance to do some shopping and delighted to find Healdsburg Plaza bordered with cute boutiques all along Center St. and Healdsburg Ave. As we took our time checking out the stores, everyone was friendly and didn't seem to mind that most of the time, we didn't get a chance to buy anything at all. Boutique owners and sales people alike just seemed genuinely pleased that we'd even dropped by. I loved it!


Between the awesome decor (created by marine biologists), bright lights, and striking fashion offerings, Arboretum is one of the most intriguing I've ever seen. I mean, have you ever seen clothing racks like that?! We were even lucky enough to have some time to chat with one of the co-owners, Kate Morrison! As I listened to how she had already found previous success as a boutique owner in Boston and moved to Healdsburg for love, I couldn't help but be excited. I think that's what LA lacks: boutique owners who will chat with you about what they do, how they got there, and even what kind of perfume she likes. Even as I left the store longing for the last pair of summer sandals Kate had displayed, she offered to ship them to me. Such a sweet gal! I'm not sure that I'll ever be back in town anytime soon, but hopefully she opens up shop in LA someday.

Just because I can't have them, maybe someone else who's a size 6.5 can!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails