Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Playing Dress-Up for the Holidays

The temperature in LA has dipped low enough to keep me snuggled up indoors for the majority of the day. Despite the chilly weather, I'm excited for the coming holiday season! I love seeing all the stores decked out in Christmas decor and it reminds me that it's a good time to start thinking about picking up some fun holiday dresses.

BCBGMAXAZRIA One Shoulder Satin Dress ($248) BCBG dresses were always a staple at my college banquets and this one is absolutely perfect. It's clean-cut enough to wear to office holiday parties, but still offers a sassy kick with the gorgeous zipper-lined shoulder bow and pockets (still loving pockets oh so much!). One shoulder anything reminds me of this horrific red one shoulder shirt I wore back in high school and  as such, I haven't been able to bring myself to go back to that style ever again. However, this dress just might be enough to quell that memory. Being that 20-something in the office means we have to walk that thin line between classy and youthful--this dress manages to promise both!

Arden B. Taffeta Ruffle Front Dress ($78) The strapless mini is my fallback for all my evening wear dilemmas. The silhouette has never failed me in presenting a fitted, slim, and mature look... even when I feel like over-indulging at those holiday gatherings. The added touch of the pleated ruffles (for that GORGEOUS neckline) and banded high-waist also sets this dress apart from the other strapless dresses I already own. This is my favorite must-have for the season based on look and price. Can't wait to see how it looks on!

Despite how much I love my dresses, it's a shame that us girls can't wear them (usually) to more than one main event. That leaves me thinking twice before spending too much on a dress I'll never see again. Luckily, I found some more affordable options for the social butterflies out there who need a few options for the season.

66586327-02Forever21 High Sheen Dress ($22.80) It's easy to think of red as being the go-to color during this time of year, but this deep violet dress would be a great contrast on anyone's skin! The sweetheart neck and layered skirt are fun and flirty. Pair this up with some gold strappy heels and a long strand of pearls for a dressed up and sophisticated look. My only concern about this dress would be that sometimes F21 tends to make their frocks awkwardly too short, so hopefully it's not the case with this one! I suppose we must give up something for not paying $322 for the Foley + Corinna version.

Forever21 Sparkling Tiered Dress ($24.80) This is another take on the tiered skirt, but the high waistband and sequined layers are perfect! This dress mimics another dress I have from the summer and I'm loving that this would be a comfortable choice for dancing the night away. Since it's black, I wouldn't have to worry about the sequins looking tacky as long as I don't over-accessorize. The key would be to balance out the dress with some colorful heels and a simple long necklace.

Happy dancing, ladies!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails