Saturday, October 10, 2009

Adding a Perfect Touch with Pearls

Lately, I've become absolutely obsessed with accessorizing with pearls. As a little girl, I was gifted with a pink strand and was adamant about wearing them everywhere. Now at the age of 23, I remember why I always loved them. They're a perfect way to dress up any outfit! Check out one of my favorite looks spotted recently on One Tree Hill (I know, no one watches this show but me):

othpearls

Just found Tiffany's style blog recently and am loving it (I think it's my new favorite blog of the moment)! Her post here shows a beautiful pearl necklace from Marika King that I am dying to get my hands on! It's sold out for now, but will hopefully be available again soon.

I picked up a simple long strand of pearls from Nordie's recently and am going to keep my eye out for more to add to my collection. They will be the perfect touch to my darker fall/winter wardrobe. Here are a few other pieces that have caught my eye:

betsey johnson tulle trim necklace
Betsey Johnson Tulle Trim Pearl Necklace ($48). It's simple and elegant, and the black tulle adds a fun touch! The black and white effect offers some similarity to the Marika King one.

_5852986 _5824782
Nordstrom Long Strand Illusion Glass Pearl Necklace ($48). I'm loving the layering possibilities and the fact that the pearls are spaced farther apart.

forever21 satin chain necklace
Forever21 is always an easy stop for fun and cheap accessories. Here's a pretty strand of faux pearls with a blush pink satin ribbon interwoven throughout. Priced at only $6.80, I love!

And just for fun, I saw this while shopping in SF last weekend. With a price tag of $598, it's probably a bit out of my price range, but looked so gorgeous wrapped up in a row of 4. I will probably have to stick with more affordable pieces for now, but am going to love all the fun possibilities they offer! Wear more than one piece at a time, tie on a satin ribbon, take them out to play or off to work. Why not have some fun with a classic staple?

1 comment:

  1. Since Tiffany's blog, I've had quite a bit of demand for the pearl necklace again, so I might make a few more, so check my website again soon in the next week or so. I only make limited quantities of each item to keep with it somewhat exclusive, so there won't be many more!

    Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails