Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shopping Indecision: Frye's

Frye's - to boys, the name brings to mind the electronic store and newest tech gadgets to play with.  To me, this brand implies beautiful leather BOOTS, and just today, I discovered that Frye also offers cute sandals and wedges!!

Aah, I am so ready for summer to hit.  Too bad NY is still tiptoeing reluctantly into spring.  Uggs are still appropriate for the cold drizzley mornings, and peacoats are still necessary to brave the wind. Come out Mr. Sun, so I can get bright pedicures and wear flip flops and open-toed shoes!

This week only, 6pm.com is having a 55% sale on all Frye shoes, and I am having a heck of a time deciding what I want (i.e. everything shown below) and what's available in my size (or rather, what's in my wallet).

These Cameron Skimmers ($67) are adorable in their weaved 1-inch wedgey summery-ness.  These come in lots of colors, and I want so many! Love bright accessories, because I can't wear it close to my face.  I'm imagining the cheerful lemon yellow ones adding color to a black/gray/white skirt outfit, or complementing my blue bookbag. A fuschia (which is actually a deep plum) would be cute tooo.  But to kick off the summer sandal collection, I'm picking up the easy off-white pair, and hoping that I'll fit the size 6!

cameron2

(these would go so well with picnic baskets and sunglasses mmmm)

Dialing back from summer anticipation, I need to remember it's still chilly and I want to get my first pair of Frye boots.  I've never been a huge boots fan, since California's cold season was too short to warrant multiple pairs.  I've heard great things about the Campus boots and Veronica slouches, but the bumpy toes and flatness of them don't appeal to me.  These do though:




vicki2
Frye Vicki Campus ($180 sale). The contrast stitching is holding me back...

I'm liking that rounded point toe and thick heel for comfortable running around the city... my main gripe is that the calf height/length is a bit short; I don't like anything hitting near my calves, emphasizing their disproportion.



ava
Frye Ava Tall boots in Cognac ($224). Hello gorgy color
These would be perfect if they came in black. I already have a pair of brown colored boots, albeit not high heeled and patterened... Got to stick (loosely) to the list though, still waiting for the perfect Frye boots...

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails