Friday, July 17, 2009

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale

It's here! Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale, which only happens once a year, and is different from all other sales because the prices drop BEFORE the season starts. Which means there are actually all sizes and colors available! But you gotta act fast, because the sale ends August 3.

The Anniversary sale features the newest fall styles at lowered prices, so you can nab that coat/jeans/sweater/dress/boots you would've bought ANYWAY right now! Usually, I like to buy for the season, and am terrible at taking advantage of stocking up on pieces for the opposite season. Yes it's what you're should do, but who can think about puffy jackets when I want to do is run out to Central Park and soak up the kisses the Sun generously gives out?

Maybe I'm growing up, but I'm learning an adult skill called planning ahead. It's smart to start collecting for the fall/winter while the getting is good. I picture myself as a squirrel boarding up acorns for the winter haha. Here are my top picks for the Anniversary Sale:

Adriana Papell dress in Deep Blue.
papell
Beautiful and work appropriate dress. I love the neckline - mandarin collars are so flattering and the V isn't too deep.

floral
A girl needs to have some florals in her closet.  The dark background and chiffon material makes it less casual, and underneath a leather jacket would edge it up even more.

Michael Michael Kors double breasted jacket
mk
Thinking ahead to winter, need more jackes and I like the color, but am wondering if this is too similar to my Theory jacket? That one is dark blue, also double breasted, with three rows of buttons..

leather

Omg if there were a perfect little leather jacket, this would be it!! The collar is perfect, and I think the collar is the most important part of a leather jacket.  The color is unique, it's cutely cropped, it has epaulets, and slashy zippers! $300 is a little steep though... hmmm.

/edit: I took the plunge and bought the leather jacket, buuuut it was disappointing. The picture doesn't show just how flashy shiny the buttons are, and also that the zipper is actually asymmetrical and goes diagonally across the chest. Those features, along with the epaulette shoulders and slashy zippers on the front make this jacket entirely too much to handle. A leather jacket is already calling out for attention, so I prefer more toned-down details. Back to the warehouse this one goes.

I miss California and all the Nordstrom stores. There are none in NYC, how tragic!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails